Access to quick, accurate medicine is an important part of your child’s care as a hospital patient. At Riley at IU Health, our 24/7 inpatient pharmacy uses advanced technologies to meet the needs of children in our care.
Important COVID-19 Notice
To protect you, your family and our team, we are taking thoughtful, careful steps to ensure everyone’s safety.
Here are options available to you for getting prescriptions from the Riley Retail Pharmacy in the Riley Outpatient Center:
- Home delivery remains an option. Contact our pharmacy by calling 317.944.2335 to request home delivery.
- In-person pick-up is available.
- Waiting areas have been re-configured to support social distancing.
- All visitors are screened upon entry to the Outpatient Center.
- All patients, visitors, and team members are required to wear a mask, which are provided at the Outpatient Center entrance.
- We continue to follow our strict policies and procedures for cleaning surfaces.
- If an unforeseen wait is needed, or if families would prefer to not enter the hospital, families may choose to wait in their car. When the prescription is ready, the pharmacy staff will call the family and meet the driver curbside at the Outpatient Center entrance for prescription hand-off. Contact our pharmacy by calling 317.944.2335 to request curbside pickup.
Rest assured, your family’s safety has been and will continue to be our highest concern.
Inpatient Pharmacy Services
Clinical pharmacy specialists are partners in your child’s overall care at Riley at IU Health. Our professionals support inpatient drug therapies across the entire spectrum of our multidisciplinary team, including Cardiology, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Neurology, Infectious Disease, Nephrology & Kidney Diseases, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Emergency Medicine, Trauma, Pulmonary & Respiratory Care, Hematology/Oncology and others.
Outpatient Pharmacy Services
Located in the Riley Outpatient Center at IU Health, the Riley Retail Pharmacy is a full retail pharmacy which provides prescription medications to patients after they are discharged from the hospital or clinic. They have experienced employees to help with medication needs and specialize in compounded medications. They can be reached at 317.944.2335 or 1.888.477.0010. Outpatient infusion services are supported by a dedicated hematology/oncology satellite pharmacy. We invite you to contact one of our pharmacists for additional information about your child’s medication.
Effective Jan. 2, 2020 Riley Retail Pharmacy will be changing its hours to 7 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday.
Our goal of improving healthcare for children requires a commitment to innovation and excellence in pharmaceutical care, education, research and service. Riley at IU Health offers a multi-hospital residency program that can be customized around each resident’s career aspirations. To learn more about opportunities to further your professional education, learn about our residency programs, including our one-year PGY2 Pediatric Residency.