We are committed to providing high quality care in a family-centered environment. The Riley at IU Health healthcare team strives to ensure the best possible care, and we encourage patients and families to tell us if something is not right.
Our patient advocates are ready to:
- Serve as liaisons between patients and families and hospital team members.
- Educate patients and families about their rights as a patient and advocate on behalf of a patient’s rights.
- Promote patient satisfaction by working to ensure issues of concern are addressed in a timely manner.
- Serve as a resource and offer support for medical ethics issues, including end-of-life treatment decisions.
- Provide information to patients and families about services and resources inside the hospital and within the community.
If you have concerns about care or if a problem arises while your child is in the hospital, let your child’s nurse know that you would like to speak to a patient advocate. You may also call 317.944.6637 to reach a Riley at IU Health patient advocate directly. Our patient advocates listen to your concern and address it in a timely manner.
All Riley at IU Health hospitals and facilities have patient advocates. If you have a concern, ask to speak to the patient advocate for that particular hospital or facility.