Top Things to Consider When Choosing a Primary Care Provider for Your Newborn
When choosing a pediatrician or family medicine provider for your newborn, below are a few questions to make sure to ask:
- Are you accepting new patients?
- Do you accept my insurance?
- Is the office easy to get to and what are the hours?
- Are there evening or weekend hours?
- Do you offer Same-Day appointments?
- What if my baby gets sick when the office is closed?
- How are questions between appointments handled?
Why Riley Children's Health for Primary Care
Riley Children’s Health provides high-quality, comprehensive primary care for children of all ages, including newborns, children, adolescents and young adults. Our strong network of board certified pediatricians and family medicine physicians see children at our convenient locations across the state. Many of our offices offer Same-Day appointments, flexible hours for busy families including Saturday and evening hours and a 24-hour phone nurse for questions.
Riley Children's Health makes it possible for families throughout Indiana to get the highest level of care. Whether your child needs primary care for routine health and wellness, or specialty care for acute or complex conditions, you can depend on Riley Children's Health for best-in-class care close to home.
Be Sure to Schedule a 'Get-to-Know-You' Visit
Choosing a doctor to care for your child is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make. We are now offering Get-to-Know-You visits for parents and expecting parents looking for a provider for their children with our highly skilled primary care physicians. These free 20-minute visits allow you to meet with a physician to determine if they are a good match for you and your family. Schedule by calling 1.888.IUHEALTH.
Riley Physicians Provide a Range of Services
Our highly skilled primary care doctors take care of all of your child’s health needs through a wide range of services, including:
- Well-child visits. These regular appointments keep an eye on your child’s growth and development. Since children grow so quickly, it is important that you schedule these visits, so your child’s doctor can catch and treat any health problems early.
- Sick and acute care visits. If your child is sick, we provide quick care to help him or her feel better. We diagnose conditions and give your child the medicines or other treatments that he or she needs.
- Immunizations. Your child will need many different immunizations as he or she grows in order to stay well. Our nurses will help you stay on track with your child’s vaccination schedule