With active research programs and clinical expertise in more than 40 pediatric specialties, Riley Children’s provides leading-edge care for children with complex medical and surgical needs. Our latest annual report highlights advancements in pediatric surgery and medical care, detailing outcomes, quality improvement measures and multidisciplinary care programs.
Highly skilled in caring for children and adolescents with complex medical needs, Riley Children’s is an American College of Surgeons verified Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and a Level I Children’s Surgery Center. In addition to these verifications, the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization recognizes us as a Platinum Level Center of Excellence.
Delivering advanced clinical care and evidence-based treatment, Riley Children’s is a leader in pediatric clinical care for the most complex cases.
In our annual report, see how one of the nation’s leading programs in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery achieves excellence in outcomes, including:
- Leveraging a fully integrated CV genetics program to provide testing, evaluation and consultation for the full spectrum of heritable heart conditions.
- Integrating neonatal care seamlessly with cardiac intensive care to build a shared management model for neonates with congenital heart disease.
- Delivering patient outcomes with mortality rates below benchmarks, according to data from STS’ latest harvest report.
Learn about a world-class urology program with multiple distinctions, including:
- A Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Comprehensive Care Center – one of only seven in the nation designated by the CARES Foundation.
- One of the few Midwest facilities to offer robotic surgery and a complete program for adults with congenital urologic conditions.
- The world’s largest database of children and adults with spina bifida to allows for novel analyses of outcomes of surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
Our annual report includes details about other medical specialties, including:
- Diabetes and Endocrinology: The only comprehensive care center in the Midwest for
congenital adrenal hyperplasia and ongoing leadership in clinical and translational research for diabetes and endocrine disorders.
- Gastroenterology and GI Surgery: Home to leading multidisciplinary programs for intestinal rehabilitation, eosinophilic disorders, IBD, liver, motility, aerodigestive disorders and weight management.
- Neurology and neurosurgery: Indiana’s only laser interstitial thermal therapy program for epilepsy and neuro-oncology, and the only precision genomics program for neuro-oncology.
- Orthopedics: Advanced technology includes an O-arm with navigated placement of pedicle screws in scoliosis surgery and for treatment of hip dysplasia, as well as gait lab analysis for complex deformities.