We’re committed: A COVID-19 update
To You, Our Valued Parents, Patients and Caregivers:
This week, I want to start by acknowledging your perseverance. During this pandemic, our team at Riley Children’s Health and I have been continuously inspired by the strength of our patients, patients, caregivers and community.
While the state’s “Back on Track Indiana” plan is underway, we know that many Hoosiers are still struggling, and may be for some time. We want to help by offering some relief.
In March, we announced that patients and their families have the option to postpone minimum monthly payments without consequence, so they can focus on their health and other financial responsibilities. We will continue this practice through the week of July 5.
We know that financial concerns are not your only concerns. We have also heard from parents and caregivers who are apprehensive about safely accessing care for their children, particularly when they need an in-person appointment. Rest assured, we are taking every precaution to make appointments safe and accessible for all patients, and we are responding to meet your needs.
Answers to your questions about how we're keeping appointments safe
Q: Can I schedule an appointment to see my doctor?
A: Yes. We are offering care in a variety of settings to suit your family’s needs and comfort, while also providing the safest environment possible. Even as we reintroduce in-person appointments, virtual visits remain an excellent option for accessing care with hundreds of our highly skilled doctors across specialties. Our providers will continue to offer virtual care that supports our existing patients and begins care for new patients as well. To schedule an appointment, please use our provider directory to find a doctor and call the phone number for their office.
Q: What safety measures are in place for in-person appointments?
A: We remain vigilant about protecting our patients and their families from the risks associated with COVID-19. If you need to be seen for an appointment in person, this is what you can expect:
- All Riley team members, parents/guardians and patients are required to wear masks, which we provide. Please remember, children younger than 2 should NOT wear masks for safety reasons.
- Everyone who enters our buildings is screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- We are working hard to significantly decrease—and in many cases, totally eliminate—the time spent in our waiting areas by limiting the number of appointments. If you do need to wait, our waiting areas have been reconfigured to support social distancing.
- We continue to follow our strict policies and procedures for cleaning surfaces.
- We ask that only one parent/guardian accompany a child to their appointment (if possible) to minimize the amount of people in our offices.
For additional, up-to-the-minute information and helpful tips for keeping yourself and your family safe during this time, please visit our COVID-19 resource center or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
No one knows how long the road ahead may be. As we encounter new challenges, we will never lose sight of our highest priority: your health and safety. Together, we will persevere.
President and CEO
And, as always, we are listening to you. Please take our quick survey, so we can best meet your needs during this time.