Summer ‘Me’ Time- 5 Great Places to Visit Without the Kids in Indianapolis
Summertime is full of family activities. From camping in the dunes to riding bikes around Indianapolis to picnics in the park, you have probably have a schedule loaded with time spent with your spouse and kids. However, a night or day out without your children is a good way to refresh, re-charge and reduce stress. So, call up the babysitter and check out these five great places to visit without kids in Indianapolis.
- The Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art. A great way to spend a day broadening your horizons and experiencing culture can be found at the Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art. Painting, sculptures and photos, all in a calm, quiet setting.
- The Indianapolis Zoo. Sure, the Indianapolis Zoo is a fun place to take your whole family, but it’s also a good place to go without your children in tow. Walk around looking at the beautiful and ferocious animals at a leisurely pace. The zoo even sponsors adult-friendly events at night like Animals and All That Jazz.
- Check out the whole city. Ride a bike. Indianapolis is full of beautiful sites. Why not grab a bike and check out the city? The Pacers Bike Share program allows you to rent bikes for a low price. It’s fun and as an added bonus, it’s good exercise too.
- Go to the Theater. Whether it’s a small theater off the beaten path, or a more established space like the Indiana Repertory Theatre, a night of live theater is entertaining and enlightening.
- Stroll Through the Canal and White River State Park. Gorgeous scenery and an array of activities make the Canal and White River State Park a must see attraction for Indy parents looking for something to do without their kids.
Remember: family time is important, but so is you time. So whether you’re laying back to enjoy live theater, or riding a bike around the city, Indianapolis is full of great experiences for adults taking a day or night off without kids.