Riley at IU Health Announces Temporary Visitor Restrictions to Help Prevent the Spread of Flu and Respiratory Viruses
To protect patients and prevent further spreading, Riley at IU Health is limiting visitors at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health and Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health North Hospital.
Due to a rise in the number of reported flu cases and other respiratory viruses, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is implementing visitor restrictions beginning to protect patients and staff and prevent further spreading.
Facility / Start Date
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health - Jan. 2
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health North Hospital - Jan. 2
Visitor restrictions include:
- Only parents or legal guardians plus four designated adults identified by parents will be allowed to visit and be on patient units (exceptions can be made for end-of-life situations).
- Siblings and children younger than 18 years will not be permitted on patient units.
- Patients will not go off their units except for testing or therapy; at Riley at IU Health, evening visits for inpatients may be arranged in the Child Life Zone.
Additional IU Health facilities have implemented visitor restrictions. View more details.