Recipe: Zucchini Tots
These tots are a tasty, healthy alternative to the tater tots you know. Zucchini is great for your digestion, boosts your energy and helps promote a healthy heart. Try these this month and imagine a healthier, more active you!
- Cooking Spray
- 1 packed cup grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- ¼ medium onion, minced
- ¼ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel until you have one packed cup. Wring all the excess water out of the zucchini. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.