Recipe: Healthy Guacamole Dip
Guacamole is packed with so many nutrients that are good for you. Not only is it full of fiber, healthy fats and antioxidants, but it can also be used on toast, tacos or for dipping.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 lime
- a pinch or two of sea salt (to taste)
- cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- diced red onion, diced tomato, diced bell pepper (optional)
- Peel the avocados and take out the pit. Add the green fleshy part to a bowl.
- Finely chop or press the garlic. The smaller the pieces of garlic, the better.
- Squeeze half a lime into the bowl over the avocados and the garlic.
- Add a few pinches of salt.
- Mash everything together with a fork just until the avocados are smooth with a few small chunks.
- Add some diced red onion, diced fresh tomato and/or diced bell pepper if desired.
- Garnish with a little bit of fresh cilantro and that's it!