IU Health reschedules elective surgeries, moves many visits to virtual care
Indiana University Health continues to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak in partnership with the Indiana State Department of Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To ensure the safety of team members and conserve resources necessary to meet emerging health needs, the following guidance was given to all IU Health providers and team members:
- Effective immediately, IU Health is rescheduling elective, non-urgent surgeries and procedures at all hospitals and facilities.
- Primary care and specialty follow-up visits will be conducted virtually or rescheduled.
- Well-child visits for children 2-years and older will be conducted virtually or rescheduled.
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy visits will be conducted virtually or rescheduled.
- Health screenings and elective imaging will be rescheduled.
At this time, newborn and well-child visits for children younger than 2-years old will continue in order to complete the primary immunization series.
IU Health began informing team members and patients this morning. Work is also underway to train additional providers to use virtual visit technology.
This weekend, IU Health announced temporary visitor restrictions to protect patients and team members and prevent further spreading.