Beat the Heat: 5 Ways to Keep Your Family Cool When it’s Hot Outside
It’s summer. The temperature is rising. While the heat is initially a welcome reprieve from cold winter winds and spring rain, it starts to wear thin after a while. As it gets hotter, you and your family can become progressively more miserable when trying to spend time outside. When it’s this hot out, keeping your family cool becomes imperative. Here are five ways to beat the heat and keep your whole family cool.
- Family game day inside. If you have air-conditioning or central air, your home can be a welcome refuge from the scorching summer sun. A really hot day can be the perfect excuse to explore the great indoors. Pull out some family favorite board games, and make a day of it.
- Sprinkler fun or water gun war. If you do want to head outside, why not play some water games? Break out some squirt guns, or a sprinkler and have fun while getting everyone wet. Adults and kids can get in on the action- enjoying yourself while cooling off.
- Hit the pool or beach. Taking a day at the pool or a nearby beach is a fun family activity and a great way to spend a day. Swimming in the water will keep the heat at bay, and also gives you a ton of options for family play, whether it’s swimming, or playing Marco Polo.
- Go to the movies. One more option if it’s just too hot outside- take an opportunity to head to the movies. Movie theaters almost always have icy cold AC. Pick a feature the whole family can enjoy, buy some popcorn and cuddle up in the cool theater.
- Stay Hydrated. No matter what you do, make sure to keep yourself and your loved ones hydrated. Preventing dehydration when it’s hot out is essential to maintaining your health in the summertime.
- Health Tip. Take precautions to stay safe and cool this summer.