An update for our patients about COVID-19 and “the next normal.”
To You, Our Valued Parents, Patients and Caregivers:
Riley Children’s Health has a nearly-100-year record of delivering highly skilled, compassionate care that you can rely on to be there when your children need it most. Like today.
As we begin to step into this “next normal,” our team continues to take thoughtful steps in each of our locations to make sure you and your loved ones are protected and safe.
FAQs about how we’re keeping highly skilled care safe and accessible for everyone
Q: If my child needs to see a doctor, what are the safest options available to me now?
A: Your family can access care in a variety of settings that not only ensure your safety, but that also suit your needs and comfort:
- At Riley locations across the state, we’ve carefully reintroduced in-person appointments when they are most appropriate for our patients’ needs and the situation at hand.
- Our primary care offices have remained open for well-child immunizations for children 0-2 and have now re-opened more broadly. It’s important for your children to maintain their well-child vaccination schedules. Our primary care offices are set up to safely meet this need, now and moving forward, and will follow the safety measures listed below.
- For new and existing patients, virtual visits remain an excellent option for accessing care with hundreds of doctors across specialties.
Q: How can I be sure in-person appointments are safe?
A: Riley Children’s Health and IU Health are as committed as ever to protecting our patients from the risks associated with COVID-19, and we are taking every precaution to protect our patients and team members in every location. If your child has an in-person appointment, this is what you can expect:
- All parents/guardians and patients are required to wear masks, which we will provide at no cost when you enter our buildings. Please remember, children younger than 2 should NOT wear masks for safety reasons.
- All Riley team members are also required to wear masks.
- All patients and parents/guardians who enter our buildings are screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- We are working hard to significantly decrease—and in many cases, totally eliminate—the time spent in our waiting areas. We are doing so by limiting the number of appointments at any given facility or office. If you do need to wait, our waiting areas have been reconfigured to support social distancing.
- We continue to follow our strict policies and procedures for cleaning surfaces.
- We ask that only one parent/guardian accompany a child to their appointment (if possible) to minimize the number of people in our offices.
For additional, up-to-the-minute information and helpful tips for keeping yourself and your family safe during this time, please visit our COVID-19 online resource center or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Now, more than ever, your loyalty is so deeply appreciated by every member of the Riley Children’s Health and IU Health family. Taking care of all Hoosiers safely—and with excellence—is what we do. It’s what we’ve always done, and what we’ll continue to do. Now and into the future. Rest assured.
President and CEO