A Few Great Indoor Gyms for Kids in Indianapolis
As a parent, you may wonder how you can keep your children active when the weather is bad. Regular exercise helps keep kids’ hearts healthy, their bodies strong, and their minds stimulated. It is absolutely essential for children’s development. When outdoor playgrounds, parks and sports just aren’t an option, it can be difficult to plan where to go on an after school or weekend outing with the family.
Luckily, Indianapolis has a host of facilities where you and the kids can stay physical and have fun even when it’s raining.
- Incrediplex. The Incrediplex has it all-everything from hardwood and turf courts to a fitness center where you can go while the kids play. But that’s not all-the facility also boasts inflatables, obstacle courses and climbing walls that will keep everyone active for hours! Each of the attractions are priced separately.
- Climb Time Indy. With more than 8,500 square feet of climbing surface, Climb Time Indy is the perfect place for climbers of all skill levels. 4,000 different holds are placed on these walls and are changed weekly to offer customers a variety of different routes with each visit. Nightly specials are available on Monday (high school night) and Wednesday (kid’s club).
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park. Are the kids bouncing off the wall from cabin fever? Take them to Sky Zone Trampoline Park where they can actually bounce off the walls! As the world’s first indoor trampoline park, Sky Zone is a perfect place for kids to hop around while also getting a great workout. Offering toddler hours, Ultimate Dodgeball, and a pit filled with over 10,000 cubes of foam, there’s plenty of ways to enjoy this facility.
- YMCA. Indianapolis YMCA Centers can be found down town and the surrounding suburbs. YMCA centers are a great place to start new swimmers in classes economically. Afterschool and youth sports programs are available during the winter, providing children with opportunities to stay healthy-physically and socially.
- Goldfish Swim School. For swimming lessons, you can’t go wrong with Goldfish Swim School. Goldfish Swim School offers state of the art facilities, and indoor swim programs for children as young as four months old. Swimming is healthy, and fun for kids.
These are just a few examples of the many indoor options in Indianapolis for indoor kids’ gyms. Whether you want to take your children to karate class, or gymnastics, keep your options open and a rainy day can still be fun and physically active.