8 Quick and Healthy Breakfasts That Are Perfect for the Whole Family
There is a lot to do each morning including getting your kids dressed and ready for school. Making a quick, nutritious breakfast can help keep your mornings going smoothly. It can be difficult to find breakfasts that are easy to make, nutritious and also appetizing to your family. Here are eight ideas that make great breakfasts for your whole family:
- Overnight oatmeal. Oatmeal is full of good-for-you vitamins, nutrients and fiber. Leave oatmeal in a mason jar for 8 hours mixed with milk or a dairy substitute. The oatmeal will absorb the liquid overnight. Add berries, maple syrup, or nuts in the morning for a power-packed breakfast.
- Fruit salad. Mix and match your favorite fruits; Berries, melon and apple slices are a good place to start. Put them into individual containers over the weekend and hand them out to family members each day as they head out the door.
- Smoothies. Take your fruit salad ingredients, toss them into a blender with some yogurt, milk, ice and blend. Smoothies are great on the go for breakfast.
- Hard-boiled eggs. Here’s another make ahead idea. Hard-boil enough eggs to last your family a week and keep them in the fridge until breakfast. Hard-boiled eggs are full of protein and make a good breakfast or snack.
- Whole wheat toast English muffin with peanut butter. One of the simplest healthy breakfasts is simply toasting whole wheat bread or an English muffin. Spread peanut or almond butter for flavor and extra nutrients.
- Yogurt parfaits. Yogurt (regular or Greek yogurt) is a super food and making it the center of a breakfast can get your morning off to a great start. Add fresh berries for sweetness, and vitamins.
- Cantaloupe and cottage cheese. Cantaloupe with cottage cheese is a classic breakfast that balances lean protein and sweet, healthy cantaloupe.
- Bran muffins. Another make-ahead meal, bran muffins, are full of fiber. You can also add other healthy ingredients like nuts or raisins. Prepare on the weekend and then keep them ready to go for each day of the week.