6 Health & Wellness Goals Every Mom Should Have
According to the first annual Indy Mom’s survey, 89 percent of moms in Indianapolis feel it would be easier to live a healthy lifestyle if it weren’t so expensive to do so. Fortunately, there are steps moms can take to improve their help that don’t involve going to an expensive gym or buying overly priced health food. Here are six achievable health goals every mom should have that can be accomplished on any budget.
- Drink plenty of water. One of the easiest things you can do to improve overall health is staying hydrated. Carry a water bottle with you throughout the day to make sure you don’t forget to get enough to drink. Drinking water instead of soda, juice or sports drinks will also drop your daily calorie intake significantly.
- Work out 20 minutes a day. According to the CDC you should have at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity a week. This means in just 20 minutes each day, you can get enough exercise to make a serious, positive impact on your health. Try going for a walk, a jog, or a bike ride to get in some moderate level exercise.
- Put sleep first. Try to create a sleeping environment that makes falling asleep as easy possible. Make your bedroom dark, quiet, and comfortable. Go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time in the morning. Getting plenty of sleep is essential for your health.
- Take time for your mental health. If you are feeling depressed or not yourself do not ignore your feelings. Talk about them to a friend or loved one. If mental health issues persist, see a doctor.
- Schedule regular check ups. Speaking of seeing a doctor- make sure you are seeing a doctor at least once a year. Early detection of diseases saves lives. Plus, your primary care physician can give you tips to keep you as healthy as possible. Schedule a primary care appointment today.
- Understand your response to stress and take action. Use our free stress test to learn your stress profile. Use this information to make positive changes in your life.
- Water & Nutrition. Getting enough water every day is important for your health.
- Important Health Benefits. Physical activity is anything that gets your body moving.
- Mental Health. Any change in your life can lead to stress.