3 Spring Smoothie Recipes that Even the Pickiest Kids Will Drink Up
Getting your family to eat healthy can be a real challenge when you have kids who are picky eaters. To help you along, here are three healthy spring smoothie recipes that even the pickiest eaters will love.
Berry-Berry-Berry Ginger Smoothie
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- ½ cup of frozen strawberries
- ½ cup of frozen blackberries
- ½ teaspoon of fresh ginger
- ½ cup almond milk or soy milk
Serves two to three. Add ingredients to blender, and blend to your preferred consistency. Kids will love the sweet berries in this smoothie, and you’ll be happy that they’re getting all of the vitamins and nutrients from them.
Orange Dream Smoothie
- ½ container of frozen orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup of vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 2 cups water
Serves two to three. Orange Creamsicles have been a childhood favorite for decades. This recipe is a healthier spin on that classic dessert with way less sugar and just as much flavor (if not a little more!)
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup (sugar free)
- 2 cups of almond milk or soy milk
Serves two to three. Who says chocolate can’t be good for you? This delicious smoothie packs a protein-filled punch with peanut butter, and it’s perfect running partner chocolate. Your kids won’t even suspect that this smoothie is actually good for them.